We are one of 500 state and local labor councils of the AFL-CIO and are the heart of the labor movement. We are democratically elected bodies dedicated to represent the interest of working people at the state and local level. We mobilize our members and community partners to advocate for social and economic justice and we strive daily to vanquish oppression and make our communities better for all people - regardless of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or ethnic or nation origin.
3 days to the deadline...20 Mar, 2023
Don't miss out on an opportunity for a great job as the Director of the NWPA Area Labor Federation in Franklin, PA. There are just 3 days left to get your resume and cover letter submitted for consideration.
HOW CORPORATED GREED DESTROYED...18 Feb, 2023
Unionized rail workers warned of a “ticking time bomb.” They called out mass layoffs and overburdened workers. They watched in horror as safety regulations were blocked.
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Service & Solidarity Spotlight: AFSCME Boosts Public Service Hiring Through ‘Staff the Front Lines’ Bus Tour -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Juan Rivera -
- Service & Solidarity Spotlight: Editors Guild Wins Higher Wages, Unanimously Ratifies New Nickelodeon Contract -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Pedro Olguin -
- Service & Solidarity Spotlight: Tell The New York Times to Stop Union-Busting -