We are one of nearly 500 state and local labor councils of the AFL-CIO and are the heart of the labor movement. We are democratically elected bodies dedicated to represent the interests of working people at the state and local levels. We mobilize our members and community partners to advocate for social and economic justice and we strive daily to vanquish oppression and make our communities better for all people—regardless of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or ethnic or national origin.
3 days to the deadline...20 Mar, 2023
Don't miss out on an opportunity for a great job as the Director of the NWPA Area Labor Federation in Franklin, PA. There are just 3 days left to get your resume and cover letter submitted for consideration.
HOW CORPORATED GREED DESTROYED...18 Feb, 2023
Unionized rail workers warned of a “ticking time bomb.” They called out mass layoffs and overburdened workers. They watched in horror as safety regulations were blocked.
Record a Video
Tell us why the PRO Act is important to you and how it will help all working people.
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Workers Will Not Be Deterred: The Working People Weekly List -
- Pride Month Profiles: Olivia "Liv" Yelton -
- Service & Solidarity Spotlight: National Institutes of Health Fellows File to Join UAW -
- Pride Month Profiles: Alicia Mijares -
- Economy Gains 339,000 Jobs in May; Unemployment Up Slightly 3.7% -