We are one of nearly 500 state and local labor councils of the AFL-CIO and are the heart of the labor movement. We are democratically elected bodies dedicated to represent the interests of working people at the state and local levels. We mobilize our members and community partners to advocate for social and economic justice and we strive daily to vanquish oppression and make our communities better for all people—regardless of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or ethnic or national origin.
3 days to the deadline...20 Mar, 2023
Don't miss out on an opportunity for a great job as the Director of the NWPA Area Labor Federation in Franklin, PA. There are just 3 days left to get your resume and cover letter submitted for consideration.
HOW CORPORATED GREED DESTROYED...18 Feb, 2023
Unionized rail workers warned of a “ticking time bomb.” They called out mass layoffs and overburdened workers. They watched in horror as safety regulations were blocked.
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Joaquín Rodríguez -
- Service & Solidarity Spotlight: Hospitality Workers Vote by 95% to Authorize Las Vegas Strip Strike -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Maria Camilo -
- Service & Solidarity Spotlight: Biden Becomes First President to Walk a Strike Picket Line; Joins UAW in Michigan -