We are one of nearly 500 state and local labor councils of the AFL-CIO and are the heart of the labor movement. We are democratically elected bodies dedicated to represent the interests of working people at the state and local level. We mobilize our members and community partners to advocate for social and economic justice and we strive daily to vanquish oppression and make our communities better for all people—regardless of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or ethnic or national origin.
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Karrie Setters -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: AFL-CIO, Chris Gardner Foundation Join Forces to Give Students Life-Changing Job Opportunities -
- Hispanic Heritage Month Profiles: Capt. Javier Ramos Green -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: UVC Appalled at Extremists Flooding Veterans Suicide Helpline with Spam Calls -
- What's Right for Workers: In the States Roundup -